Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ye of Little Faith

So today I have decided to stop eating red meat. White meat I will try my hardest to eliminate as well. I can't possibly give up fish though. With this I also wish to do away with soda and most sweets altogether. But yeah, wish me luck!

I plan on starting a work out schedule soon too. I need to get back in shape pretty bad.

My New Year's Resolution (although late) is to become as UN-American as possible by actually living healthy.

On to other things! I just watched the movie Get Him to the Greek, starring Jonah Hill and Russell Brand. A brief read through on the summery provided by Netflix lead me to assume the movie will be a decent comedy. I have faith in most things Judd Apatow. But this movie is much more then a comedy. It hits on such topics as addiction, monogamy, and friendship (or lack their of). All in all I give this movie a solid 7.5 out of 10. The music is funny sexual and not bad in the least. While the acting left nothing to be desired. I would definitely recommend this movie.

I just picked up the series Firefly today as well. A set normally costing in excess of 50.00 USD, I was able to find for only 15.00 USD; a beautiful steal. This series was simply outstanding. It ran a total of 14 episodes and ending with the movie Serenity (which I also got on sale for only 6.00 USD). This series casts such names as Jewel Staite (Stargate: Atlantis) and Alan Tudyk (28 Days, A Knight's Tale, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story) among a myriad of others. The acting in this series was great, each one of the cast really became their character. The music was beautifully scored, and the special effects are wonderful. This is hands down one of my favorite series ever aired. Taking place 500 years in the future, this series is in SPACE! The crew of the "Firefly-class" spaceship Serenity are ready for action. They take any job that comes their way (legal or not) to keep gas in the tanks and food on the table. The crew takes on a new passenger that is a fugitive from the "Alliance" (a totalitarian regime... in SPACE), and end up on the run. Avoiding Alliance ships and flesh-eating "Reavers" the crew forms a bond with the mysterious passenger and her brother. It truly is a spectacular series... IN SPACE!!!! (think space cowboys... oh yeah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment